Home

Wilmington Youth Soccer Association

Month of February BOD Meeting

3/1/2015

Fourth of July Building

 

 

GENERAL SESSION:

 

 

Present: Tom Card, Melissa Doherty, Rob Elliott, Dave Foresyth, David O’Mahony, Bob Regan, Eric Flynn, Dave Oatis, Neil Buckley, Rich Pereira, Bill Lanagan, Joe Maiella, Manny Mulas, Sean Broussard and Tony Almeida.

 

Absent:  Mark Ragucci and Nick Howie.

 

6:01 pm – Quorum of 13 BOD members - meeting called to order by Bob Regan.

 

6:13 pm- Tom Card joins the meeting

 

6:40 pm- Eric Flynn joins the meeting

 

All who were present in attendance by 6:40 pm

 

BOD Meeting Minutes: 

 

Motioned by Doherty, 2nd by Almeida to accept December 2014 General & Exec Session BOD Meeting Minutes.  Motion Passes 13-0-0.


Motioned by Doherty, 2nd by Almeida to accept February 2015 General & Exec Session BOD Meeting Minutes.  Motion Passes 13-0-0.

 

Exec Session Motion:
8:44 p.m.  Motion by Regan, 2nd by Flynn to enter into Executive Session.  Motion passes 15-0-0.

 

 

OFFICER REPORTS:

 

President

  • Welcome message and no further updates.

     

    Secretary

  • Availability worksheet needs to be filled out 48 hours in advance of Saturday during the season.BOD members to check their access to Google docs with the link provided by Secretary.Secretary will remind and manage BOD members to fill out the worksheet.The availability worksheet will be posted at the shack each Saturday.

     

     

    Treasurer

  • Sports Pilot will be reconciled with Accounting and we will vote February financials during the April meeting scheduled for March 29th.

     

    VP of Administration

  • GNO is scheduled for April 19th.The Breakers will attend and run the session.

  • Breakers night being scheduled for May or June.

     

    VP Development

  • See updates sent out to Board members for further updates

     

    Travel

  • Waiting on permits for Gym time for March

  • Coaches meeting will be adjusted to coordinate with the delayed opening day of the Spring season.

  • Middlesex meeting held on March 3rd and we will find out the start of the Spring season.

  • U16 and U18 adjustments will be finalized the week of March 1st.

     

    Travel Refs

  • See updates sent out to Board members for further updates

     

    Intown

  • At 405 for registrants which is 81 players less from Fall 2014.

  • Uniform inventory is complete.

  • We are currently short on coaches.45 coaches so far have signed up.

  • 6 to 9 co-ed program numbers remain extremely low.A decision needs to be made on the future of this program.

     

    Intown Refs

  • No updates discussed or received prior to the BOD meeting.

     

    Fundraising

  • Looking into end of season celebration on June 13th for adults only.

     

    Merchandise

  • See updates.Mark was not present at the meeting to present discuss any other topics.

     

    Concessions

  • Still waiting to perform the hand offs from prior board member.We will proceed without assistance from the prior BOD member.

  • Obtained a list of vendors that have been used in the past and Rich will reach out to them.

  • Melissa to send Rich a copy of credit card proposal from Fred to possibly put a credit card machine at the shack.

  • An ad will be placed in the Crier for snack shack job along with posting to social media.

  • Rich is working on obtaining Safe-Serve certification.

     

    Fields & Buildings

  • All permits have been submitted and we are waiting approval.

  • We need to move the F license course taking place this week to another location as the Middle School is being used for basketball playoffs.

     

    Technical Director

  • April vacation camp maybe in jeopardy due to field conditions.

     

     

    NEW BUSINESS:
     

  • Constant Contact will be used for monthly newsletters.Please send newsletter topics to the Secretary.The first newsletter to go out in March.

  • Communication to membership needs to be coordinated and simplified to members.All communications need to be approved by the E Board.

  • Opening day email will be sent out to members the week of March 1st. Bob will draft the communication and send to the membership.

  • Motioned by Buckley, 2nd by Almeida to add the following members to the Fundraising committee: Monica Archer, Becky McGrath, Dina Gentile, Melissa Doherty and Tricia Brisbois.Motion Passes 12-0-3.

  • Motioned by Elliott, 2nd by Flynn to implement the Wildcat FC program as a new program for WYSA.Motion Passes 14-1-0.

  • Motioned by Flynn, 2nd by Maiella to change the scholarship criteria policy to raise the points for assistant coach for travel to be 2 points and to raise the travel refs points to be one point per season.Motion Passes 15-0-0.

  • Motioned by Foresyth, 2nd by Buckley to update the travel policy that concussion training is mandatory for all head and assistant travel coaches.Motion Passes 14-1-0.

  • Motioned by Foresyth, 2nd by Elliott to approve the new travel policy language for adding inappropriate behavior.Motion Passes 7-3-4.
     

9:06 pm – Motion by Regan, 2nd by Buckley to 1) leave executive session, 2) to adjourn. Motion passes 15-0-0.

 

9:06 pm – adjourned

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

Melissa Doherty

WYSA Secretary