Home

Wilmington Youth Soccer Association

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Sunday, October 2, 2016

4th of July Building, Wilmington, MA. 01887

 

 

 

Directors Present: Manny Mulas,  Rich Pereira, Nick Howie, Eric Flynn, Melissa Doherty,  Dave Foresyth, Bob Regan, Joe Maiella, Dave Zaya, Bill Lanagan, Tom Card, Sean Broussard, Neil Buckley, Paul Malvone, Dave O’Mahony and Dave Oatis

 

Directors Absent: None

 

Guests: Eric Redder and Jill Murphy

===============================================================

 

  1. Meeting called to order at 6:03 pm by Eric Flynn

  2. Dave O’Mahony arrives at 6:10 pm

  3. Nick Howie arrives at 6:13 pm

  4. President Opening Remarks:

    1. Opening of the season going well.The Shawsheen has ongoing parking issues.The board will look into diverting games to Woburn Street to help ease the parking load at The Shawsheen for the rest of the season.

    2. 2016 Annual General Meeting (AGM) is set for November 17th. The date needs to be publicized 30 days in advance according to our bylaws to the membership.Neil will coordinate the after AGM party.

  5. Secretary:  To accept the August and September Board of Directors meeting minute as presented.  Moved: Doherty, 2nd by Buckley, 12-0-3 Motion Passes.

    Mass Youth Adult Reg/ CORI checks and 2017 lanyard policy.Sleeves and lanyards have been ordered.Melissa will work on an implementation plan on how we will implement this in 2017.There has been limited information supplied to us by Mass Youth.

  • Rich Pereira arrives at 6:20 pm

  • Treasurer: To accept the treasurer’s report as presented.  Moved: Card, 2nd by Lanagan, 15-0-0 Motion Passes.

    Tom will contact O’Connor’s on the Field Day charges so we can pay what is owed.

  • Merchandise: October breast cancer pink merchandise interest was low from coaches and teams.

    • We will start selling as much merchandise as we can online going forward.

  • Fields & Buildings

    • Eric R will look into costs for new kickbacks to be used with Field Day proceeds and present options to the BOD next meeting.

  • Concessions

    • We have left over burgers from Field Day.We will grill them on October 29th and give them out to the membership.

  • Director of Coaching

    1. Travel coach sessions and evaluations.The DOC has shared with Training and Travel individual team/coach specific session reviews from the season.Providing individual, written coach feedback has been received well.

    2. WFC Updates- WFC Club teams and skill academy teams are progressing well throughout the Fall.Shared plan for Winter Training programs and WFC program structure for 2017/2018.

    3. Winter Clinics: Finalized Winter Clinics 2017 with Training. DOC shared out with members via website, social media and email blasts.

  • VP of Administration

    • Concussion certification going well.Most coaches have completed their certifications for the Fall.

  • VP of Development

    1. Revs outing we have had zero interest in the Revs tickets from team the and coaches

    2. PCD committee member Dina Gentile has resigned from the committee.

    3. PCD team looking into dual age/single age policy next steps.

  • Travel: No updates were discussed outside of Executive session.

  • Fundraising: We are looking into purchasing kickbacks from the Field Day profits.

  • Travel Refs

    1. All board members will be required to pass the travel ref test to help out as needed.We are very short on refs and in desperate needs

  • Intown & Intown Refs

    1. We are opening Spring 2017 registration by mid October.

  • Dave Foresyth joined at 7:06 pm

  • New Business

    1. WYSA donates $10,000 to Yentile Farms and pay over a course of 5 years with $2,000 per year paid.  Moved by Regan, 2nd by Pereira  14-1-1 Motion Passes

      WYSA clinics are scheduled for Turf Time on Saturdays and Boys and Girls club on Sundays.

    2. Discussions regarding hiring an Assistant Direct of Coaching.Further discussions will be had at future board meetings.

  • Revs Tickets/Bronze Package membership for 2017 will not be renewed due to lack of interest from the membership and coaches
     
  • Motion: To adjourn BOD meeting at 8:54 pm.  Motion passes 16-0-0.

     

     

    Respectfully submitted,

     

     

     

    Melissa Doherty

    Secretary